- 06/27-09/09, 2022
- Instructor Info
- Contact: Yixin Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office Hours: Friday 9:30-11:30 by appointment (email only; no WeChat)
- Office: 资源西楼2208A（五四操场南侧）
- TA Info
- This year’s course was only made possible with the help of Yuxi Ma and Fang Peng at BIGAI, who spent tremendous efforts in coordinating between PKU and THU and organizing activities with over 90 students.
- [07.07] Essay topic and instructions are available (for ‘21 THU Tong class students only).
- [07.04] Tencent Meeting link for the BIGAI Lectures in Week 2–3. Meeting ID: 803-103-477
- [07.02] Clarification of the Project Plan Presentation: (i) Oral presentation in English (10 min) + QA (5 min). (ii) The entire process will be recorded and made publicly available for replay. (iii) Students will be asked to upload slides to TAs after the presentation.
- [07.01] Schedule of Project Plan Presentation is available.
- [07.01] Calendar and Mentor Match Results has been updated.
- [07.01] Due to Prof. Song-Chun Zhu’s new travel plan, the first day of lecture has been delayed to a later date.
- [06.29] Mentor Match is now complete! Please check the results and report problems if there is any.
- [06.28] Upon confirmation of mentors, students will be divided into 8 groups on the basis of research topics. Project Plan Presentation will be divided accordingly. Each group will finish the training evaluation by next Monday (07.04).
- [06.28] Mentor Match started! We will release the results within 48 hours.
- [06.27] Some outstanding Research Results Presentation from last year are available for reference.
- [06.27] LaTeX template for course project is available.
- [06.27] We officially have 100 students enrolled in the class this summer!
- [06.27] Please contact Yuyang Li 李宇飏 for accessing private course repo.
- [06.25] Day 1 schedule and project overview are available.
- [06.22] Calendar, milestones, list of projects, and list of mentors are available.
- List of Projects
- List of Mentors
- Day 1 (06.27) Schedule
- Day 1 (06.27) Project Overview
- Official Private Repo
- LaTeX Template for Course Project and Essay
- Useful Computing Resources
- Examples: outstanding Research Results Presentations from last year
- Mentor Match Results
- Schedule of Project Plan Presentation
- reading list
- practice list
- Machine Learning for Beginners by Prof. Ying Nian Wu at UCLA. This is THE best ML course.
Talks and Tutorials
See all updates and video playbacks at the lab website.
Essay for ‘21 THU Tong Class
You can choose one of the two topics below and write a piece of persuasive essay; see also a beginner’s guide to writing an essay. Your essay should be no less than 8 pages (DO NOT change any margins or line spacing of the LaTeX template) with unlimited number of pages for supplementary material, references, and acknowledgment. Your essay MUST be original; please refer to the plagiarism page for details. The essay is due on July 29. No late submission will be accepted.
- After listening to Prof. Song-Chun Zhu’s lecture, what do you think of the U-V system? Why are they important? How to achieve it?
- Given what you have learned in the past two weeks (July 4 – July 15), elaborate your thoughts on how to achieve AGI. Specifically, you can focus on one of the following points:
- Would deep learning based approaches achieve AGI?
- Would compositional/logic-based approaches achieve AGI?
- What are the key ingredients to achieve AGI?
- Is Turing Test sufficient for testing AGI? If not, what would be a good one?
Recorded Videos (需要科学上网)
Day 1 Project Overview
课题博览会 Part1课题博览会 Part2Tengyu LiuYun MaZhong Sun
Week 1 Project Plan Presentations
CoReCV Part 1CV Part 2NLP Part 1NLP Part 2MASML + AI MusicRobotics + AI MusicSail
Week 2–3 BIGAI Lectures
CoRe - Chi ZhangCoRe - Lifeng FanCoRe - Siyuan HuangMAS - Yaodong YangML - Muhan ZhangML - Yitao LiangNLP - Wenjuan HanNLP - Zilong ZhengRobotics - Hangxin LiuSail - Bin Wang
Week 10 Final Presentations
Part 1Part 2Tencent Meeting